UPDATE: Craig-Hallum Starts Nuvve Holding Corp. (NVVE) at Buy and $19 PT
- Wall Street drops on inflation jitters, led by tech stocks
- Tesla (TSLA) Sales in China 'Stagnated' in April, Wedbush Notes
- Roblox (RBLX) Gains as Sales Rise 140%, Analyst Raises PT on Strong Growth and Early China Launch
- Euro climbs on upbeat sentiment data; dollar struggles
- Tesla (TSLA) Halts Plans to Buy Land in Shanghai Amid Increased Tensions with China: Report
Craig-Hallum analyst Eric Stine initiates coverage on Nuvve Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: NVVE) with a Buy rating and a price target of $19.00 on the belief that the company is as the market leader in Vehicle to Grid, a market which is at early stages of development but poised for growth to an $80B annual market over time. The company aggregates EV batteries into a virtual power plant (VPP) which stores, and releases energy as needed for the electrical grid. For fleets, these services provide additional revenue streams, offsetting the higher incremental cost of an EV and bringing total cost of ownership lower, all while maintaining the full use of the battery. For utilities, this supports the greater use of renewables while providing important grid services to solve the ongoing supply/demand mismatch, which is only magnified by EVs.
The company has a proprietary Grid Integrated Vehicle (GIVe) software platform which takes control of each vehicle’s battery charging & discharging interacting bi-directionally with the grid. The analyst stated "We think Nuvve has the most robust & technologically advanced platform to scale, a big first-mover advantage, deep IP, alignment with market leaders, and the enviable position of already being qualified by multiple grid operators. Simply put, its V2G offering makes for a path towards sustainability goals for fleets along with compelling economics. NVVE, as the critical V2G software provider, captures these multiple recurring revenue streams, a portion of which is shared with fleet customers."
Shares of Nuvve Holding Corp. closed at $9.10 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Assumes Taysha Gene Therapies (TSHA) at Buy, Raises PT to $45
- KP Tissue Inc. (KPT:CN) (KPTSF) PT Lowered to Cdn$11 at CIBC
- Nuvei Corporation (NVEI:CN) PT Raised to Cdn$106 at Scotiabank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!