UPDATE: Cowen Starts TCP International (TCPI) at Outperform
- Wall St turns red as Omicron reaches the United States
- First known U.S. Omicron case found in fully vaccinated overseas traveler
- Apple (AAPL) Car: 'Is Tesla Going to be the BlackBerry of Mobility? I Think That's Going to Come Down to Apple' - Morgan Stanley's Jonas
- Private sector employment increased by 534,000 jobs from October to November, topping consensus estimate
- General Motors (GM) sees full year adjusted EBIT in $14 billion range, above prior view
Cowen initiated coverage on TCP International (NYSE: TCPI) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $18.00. Analyst Robert W Stone thinks a shift to LEDs will drive growth and margins.
"TCPI is a play on the penetration of energy efficient CFL and LED lighting. It designs and manufactures a wide range of products sold through major retail and C&I channels, including Home Depot and Wal-Mart. A mix shift to LEDs should drive growth and expand margins. Proceeds from the IPO support investment in automation and lower interest expense," he said.
"Government regulations are phasing out incandescent lights in key markets. CFL and LED combined should reach $87B WW in 2020 (McKinsey). LED bulbs are reaching compelling price points (<$8 for a 60W equivalent A type); and consumer adoption is aided by ENERGY STAR and other rebates. LED accounted for 25% of TCPI net sales in 2013 (vs. 4.3% in 2011), and should reach 37%, 48% and 53% in 2014-16E," he added.
Shares of TCP International closed at $10.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Accolade Inc. (ACCD) at Buy
- Bank Central Asia Tbk (BBCA:IJ) (PBCRY) PT Lowered to IDR7,200 at JPMorgan
- Ferrari NV (RACE:IM) (RACE) PT Raised to EUR255 at HSBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!