UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Downgrades IMAX Corporation (IMAX) to Hold
- Wall St ends slightly higher after mixed Fed statements
- Charlie Munger dies at 99
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks rise as dollar falls, gold rallies on Fed commentary
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
Canaccord Genuity downgraded IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $34.50 (unchanged). Analyst Aravinda Galappatthige noted the stock surpassed his price target.
"We have seen a meaningful upswing in the stock over the past 6 months (up 32%), we believe due to the growing expectations around the 2015 film slate. Nonetheless, the stock trades at 16x 2015E EV/EBITDA and 13x 2016E. This compares with an average historic multiple of 13x NTM EV/EBITDA. Moreover the set of comps that we have identified for IMAX (SBUX, NKE, KORS) now trade at a discount to IMAX. While we continue to believe the solid long-term growth in the business and the relative strengths of the upcoming slates, we prefer to await a better entry point," said Galappatthige.
Shares of IMAX Corporation closed at $34.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pinduoduo Inc. (PDD) PT Raised to $155 at US Tiger Securities
- Central Japan Railway (9022:JP) (CJPRY) PT Raised to JPY4,100 at JPMorgan
- Park24 Co Ltd. (4666:JP) (PKCOY) PT Raised to JPY2,800 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCanaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!