UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Downgrades IMAX Corporation (IMAX) to Hold
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 scale new peak as jobs recovery gains traction
- Eli Lilly (LLY) Surges After Getting Breakthrough Therapy Designation From FDA, Analyst Raises PT and Sees Approval Chance at 90%, Biogen (BIIB) Plunges
- Dollar holds below two-month highs as Fed policy in focus, sterling slips
- Morgan Stanley's Huberty Dismisses Concerns Over Apple's (AAPL) 2022 Growth Prospects, Bumps PT; Says iPhone 'S' Cycle Is Different This Time and Sees 'Good' LT Buying Opportunity
- Visa (V) Acquires Tink, European Open Banking Platform for $2.2B
Canaccord Genuity downgraded IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $34.50 (unchanged). Analyst Aravinda Galappatthige noted the stock surpassed his price target.
"We have seen a meaningful upswing in the stock over the past 6 months (up 32%), we believe due to the growing expectations around the 2015 film slate. Nonetheless, the stock trades at 16x 2015E EV/EBITDA and 13x 2016E. This compares with an average historic multiple of 13x NTM EV/EBITDA. Moreover the set of comps that we have identified for IMAX (SBUX, NKE, KORS) now trade at a discount to IMAX. While we continue to believe the solid long-term growth in the business and the relative strengths of the upcoming slates, we prefer to await a better entry point," said Galappatthige.
Shares of IMAX Corporation closed at $34.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Piper Sandler Downgrades Dollar Tree (DLTR) to Neutral on Inability to Pass Through Inflation
- Accenture (ACN) Surges After 'Very Strong' Q3 Results, Broadly Bullish Results Likely to Continue Driving Shares Higher Says Analyst
- Aventus Group (AVN:AU) PT Raised to AUD3.14 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCanaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!