UPDATE: BofA Securities Starts Cree (CREE) at Buy on Substrate Supplier Rev Streams for EV and 5G
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
(Updated - March 1, 2021 7:38 AM EST)
BofA Securities initiates coverage on Cree (NASDAQ: CREE) with a Buy rating and a price target of $140.00 noting that the company has 60%+ share in substrates for Silicon Carbide (SiC) – the next-gen material driving efficient power conversion in battery powered EVs and charging infrastructure. Additionally, Cree’s exposure to Gallium Nitride (GaN) materials/devices provides strong growth in 5G base station and industrial markets.
The analyst stated "we forecast sales to grow at a 40%+ CAGR to $1.3bn by CY23 (from $0.5bn currently), with pf-EPS breakeven by 2H22 and l-t EPS power of $3+. We estimate every incremental 1% penetration of BEVs adds $100-$150mn in TAM (+4% in sales/pf-EPS) incremental to our CY23 model. Our $140 PO is based on 11x CY23 EV/S, slightly above comparable tech stocks with unique moats but justified given growth prospects."
Shares of Cree closed at $113.46 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: CIBC Starts Gatos Silver (GATO) at Outperformer
- Mando Corp. (204320:KS) (MDOMF) PT Lowered to KRW70,000 at Credit Suisse
- S-Oil Corporation (010950:KS) (SOOCY) PT Raised to KRW83,000 at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!