UPDATE: BofA Securities Outlines Its Concerns on Intel (INTC) Painting a Dire Picture, PT Lowered to $45
- Wall Street gains evaporate, S&P 500 ends lower on Fed tightening timeline
- Tesla (TSLA) Reports Strong Q4 Beat, Achieves Record Vehicle Deliveries in 2021
- Intel (INTC) Reports Q4 Beat, Shares Down 2% on Guidance Miss
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent, reduces assets purchases by another $30 billion/month and sees ending them in March
- Ackman Says Pershing Square Bought Over 3.1M Shares of Netflix (NFLX)
BofA Securities analyst Vivek Arya lowered the price target on Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) to $45.00 (from $52.00) remaining cautious on INTC as the company’s strategic & financial challenges continue to rise. Concerns highlighted in the report include:
- Q3 sales missed incl. in data center
- Q4 guidance was only in line
- CY21 sales (ex-Apple modem loss) are set to grow only 3% in a year when PC units are up 10%+, and semi industry sales are set to grow 20-25%
- main rival AMD is expected to grow >50% YoY even though everyone is facing supply constraints
The analyst didnt offer light at the end of the tunnel commentary and instead, reiterated an Underperform rating, stating "While cost clarity is useful, it still doesn’t address INTC’s major strategic dilemma which is it already controls 85%+ share in PC/server CPUs when AMD is getting stronger and there is emerging challenge from several Arm-based rivals incl. Apple, Nvidia, Marvell, Ampere and others".
You May Also Be Interested In
- Boeing (BA) PT Lowered to $234 at Vertical Research Partners
- Novartis (NOVN:SW) (NVS) PT Lowered to CHF105 at Goldman Sachs
- Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (SEBA:SS) (SKVKY) PT Lowered to SEK128 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!