UPDATE: Autonomous Research Starts Coinbase Global Inc. (COIN) at Underperform
- Nasdaq rises after strong Microsoft forecast
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Tops EPS and Revenue Estimates But Shares Dip on YouTube and Cloud Miss, Analysts See Positive Risk/Reward Despite High Expectations
- Oil drops more than 1% as U.S. stockpiles rise sharply
- Microsoft (MSFT) Stock Gains on Strong FQ1 Results and Guidance, Analysts Raise Price Targets on Azure and Windows Outperformance
- Goldman Sachs Expects Coca-Cola (KO) Stock to Outperform Today After Strong Q3 Results
Autonomous Research analyst Christian Bolu initiates coverage on Coinbase Global Inc. (NASDAQ: COIN) with a Underperform rating.
The analyst comments "Coinbase is rapidly losing market share and seeing significant take rate compression – we expect these trends to accelerate as competition intensifies (Robinhood, FTX & Binance the most dangerous). More concerning is Coinbase lagging on almost every crypto innovation (including altcoins, derivatives, NFTs). If the trend continues, Coinbase could rapidly lose relevance, much like Netscape did in the early internet era. All in, our $160 target price implies the stock can trade at 7x 2023 gross profit, a discount to traditional exchanges given lower projected growth and higher revenue volatility."
Shares of Coinbase Global Inc. closed at $249.33 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: B.Riley Starts Redbox Entertainment (RDBX) at Buy
- Tritax Eurobox (BOXE:LN) PT Lowered to EUR1.32 at Jefferies
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Bally's Corp (BALY) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!