UPDATE: Airbnb Inc. (ABNB) Metrics Impress But PT Cut to $180 at BofA Securities
- Nasdaq hits record high ahead of business activity data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar slips after Fed's Powell downplays inflation fears
- Xpeng (XPEV) Leaps After Receiving a Green Light From Regulators to Raise Up To $2 Billion in Hong Kong IPO
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - May 14, 2021 8:22 AM EDT)
BofA Securities analyst Justin Post lowered the price target on Airbnb Inc. (NASDAQ: ABNB) to $180.00 (from $190.00) while maintaining a Buy rating after the company reported 1Q Revenue/EBITDA of $887mn/($59mn), significantly above Street at $716mn/($382mn). Bookings at +3% vs. 2019 were slightly above expectations of +2%, a significant improvement vs. -31% in 4Q’20 and a strong beat vs. Street at -23%. Revenue take rate was 8.6% vs expectations of 7.3% as stays in the quarter were better than expected. Opex was below our estimates, impressive given bookings upside.
The analyst stated "April improved vs. March for both Nights booked GBV and we would expect accelerating 2Q bookings growth vs 2019 levels. Looking forward, Airbnb has strong growth prospects as Urban and then cross-border travel recovers. The company noted several positive trends that could continue post COVID, including longer stays and a growing percentage of bookings (now 24% vs 14% in 2019) for nontraditional travel. Street concerns on host supply may continue with hosts flattish y/y, but company noted that supply is increasing (by 30%) in high-demand non-urban areas."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) PT Raised to $268 at Wells Fargo; 'Europe Rapidly Re-opening Could Be Dynamite for Q2'
- Yangarra Resources (YGR:CN) (YGRAF) PT Raised to Cdn$2.50 at Canaccord Genuity
- Ensign Energy Services Inc. (ESI:CN) (ESVIF) PT Raised to Cdn$2.50 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!