UBS Teardown of Tesla (TSLA) Model 3 Yields Quality Issues & Disappointment
- Nasdaq eyes record closing high as Powell testimony looms
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Explores Sale - Report
- Bitcoin (BTC) Cracks $30,000 to Hit 6-Month Low, Here Are Next Targets Lower
- Dollar edges higher before Powell; Bitcoin drops
- Splunk (SPLK) Lands $1 Billion From Silver Lake, Announces Buyback One Day After Activist Rumors Surface
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst Colin Langan maintained a Sell on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) with a price target of $195.
The analyst says teardown experts noted a plethora of Model 3 quality issues including inconsistent gaps and flushness throughout the car, missing bolts, loose tolerances, and uneven/misaligned spot welds.
Langan also says the car scored below average on the fit and finish quality audit and the team also found the body/nose was borderline acceptable.
He says the results confirm media reports of quality issues and are "disappointing for a $49K car."
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $321.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GLJ Research Trims Tesla (TSLA) Q2 Delivery Estimates, Raise FY21
- Sally Beauty (SBH) Gains After Being Upgraded at Both Cowen and Oppenheimer to 'Outperform' as Recent Pullback Creates Attractive Entry Point
- Best Solar Stocks to Invest in 2021? Wall Street Weighs In
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesUBS, Tesla, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!