UBS Raises Price Target on Navistar (NAV) to $20 Following VW Investment
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
UBS reiterated a Neutral rating on Navistar International (NYSE: NAV), and raised the price target to $20.00 (from $11.00), following recent VW investment. UBS believes that the investment provides a vote of confidence to NAV's shareholders and customers and raised the price target to reflect the reduced risk.
Analyst Steven Fisher commented, "While NAV continues to face challenges from a weak truck market, and is still restructuring, we think the recent VW investment has reduced credit risk. Near-term, we expect a weak truck market in 2017 to offset some of the improvements made to date, resulting in flat YoY EBITDA. Industry OEMs have discussed pricing pressure, and we expect increased competition while the market retrenches. In FY18 we think NAV may see some benefit from synergies with VW, and we think the VW and Cummins partnerships should help improve market share. We think NAV could see FY18 EBITDA growth, bolstered by our expectation for 2018 end market growth in Class 8 trucks."
Shares of Navistar International closed at $19.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Monster Beverage (MNST) PT Raised to $110 at Stifel
- Jack In The Box (JACK) PT Raised to $130 at Stifel
- Snap-On (SNA) PT Raised to $245 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!