UBS Downgrades Moody's Corp (MCO) to Neutral, 'Debt Issuance Strength May Not Be Sustainable'
- S&P ends modestly lower as rising Treasury yields offset robust retail data
- Electronic Arts (EA) Rebounds on Reaffirmed Guidance Despite Battlefield 2042 Delay, Be Concerned But Not Worried Says Analyst
- U.S. retail sales surprise to upside in strong boost to economy
- Chat Platform Discord Raises $500 Million, Valuation More Than Doubled In Less Than a Year
- Dollar index climbs after U.S. retail sales show surprise rebound
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst Alex Kramm downgraded Moody's Corp (NYSE: MCO) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $392.00 (from $383.00).
The analyst comments "Following two years of outsized debt issuance levels, we are increasingly concerned that the medium-term outlook can only soften from here, while we think MCO shares are pricing in a continuation of recent trends. We point to data from the recent UBS Evidence Lab Survey that suggest C-suite executives in the US intend to borrow less over the next 12 months, turning their focus to debt pay-down and other uses of capital. Additionally, the first few weeks of the 3Q suggest that strength has continued to wane from the highs of the 1Q. While we continue to appreciate the strength of MCO's business model and see exciting new opportunities in Moody's Analytics that can drive outsized growth (KYC, ESG, CRE, etc.), we think ratings headwinds may be too large to overcome. With MCO's shares up 30%+ YTD, we are moving to the sidelines."
Shares of Moody's Corp closed at $378.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Piper Sandler Downgrades Beyond Meat Inc. (BYND) to Underweight, IRI Points to a Miss
- Inditex (ITX:SM) (IDEXY) PT Raised to EUR23 at Deutsche Bank
- Rio Tinto Plc. (RIO:LN) (RIO) PT Lowered to GBP60 at Deutsche Bank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!