TripAdvisor (TRIP) upgraded at BofA on accelerating Viator growth
- S&P 500 ends up slightly; SVB deal lifts bank shares
- Lyft appoints David Risher as CEO amid leadership transition
- PVH Corp Q4 results top estimates; Shares jump
- First Citizens to buy most SVB loans; FDIC sees $20 billion hit to insurance fund
- Pinterest announces restructuring plan in addition to a 4% workforce cut
Get Alerts TRIP Hot Sheet
7 Buy, 29 Hold, 8 Sell
Rating Trend: Up
Today's Overall Ratings:
Up: 14 | Down: 13 | New: 19
Join SI Premium – FREE
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP) was double upgraded to Buy from Underperform by BofA analyst Nat Schindler, who also raised the firm's price target on the stock to $39 per share from $19.
The upgrade has pushed TRIP shares more than 4% higher during Wednesday's session.
The analyst said in a research note that they are upgrading the stock based on accelerating growth in Viator (experiences bookings), with strong US demand and European recovery.
"Viator's revenue growth vs 2019 has far exceeded TRIP's total revenue growth vs 2019 over the last few quarters, and in 3Q22 Viator contributed 38% of TRIP's total revenue vs. only 18% in 2019," wrote Schindler.
The analyst also pointed to app data from Sensor Tower which suggests strong growth in Viator app downloads and usage.
"Mgmt. has highlighted continued focus on brand marketing, especially in Viator, which could keep near-term profit margins in check, but we are positive on Viator's longer-term growth trajectory," Schindler added.
"We think that TRIP's Viator is making strong in-roads in an otherwise underpenetrated online Experience booking market. We remain cautious on meta-search growth, but inflation-led customer price sensitivity could be an advantage."
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corning (GLW) turning a corner, Q1 results will mark the bottom claims Deutsche Bank
- UPS preferred over riskier FedEx says Melius Research
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Aarti Industries Ltd (ARTO:IN) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot List, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!