TripAdvisor (TRIP) PT Raised to $39 at Stifel After More Positive Earnings
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel analyst Logan Thomas raised the price target on TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP) to $39.00 (from $26.00) after the company provided positive commentary on core auction trends in tandem with rising expectations for travel and leisure activity as vaccination penetration rises in key markets. Additionally, the company is working to create and merchandise a strong value proposition for the Tripadvisor Plus subscription, which will have a full launch in the first of the year. We are increasing our PT to $39 as we moderately increase long-term numbers and rationalize our view on TRIP's steady-state multiple.
The analyst reiterated the Hold rating, stating "Our PT moves to $39 as a result of our model changes including moderately higher long-term estimates in the Hotel, Media & Platform segment partially offset by lower Other revenue. The terminal value in our DCF-model now contemplates an implied 11x terminal EBITDA multiple, versus 8x previously (the three-year average pre-COVID multiple was ~14x), driving the meaningful change in our target."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Seven Group Holdings Limited (SVW:AU) (SVNWF) PT Raised to AUD27.50 at Credit Suisse
- Shinhan Financial Group (055550:KS) (SHG) PT Raised to KRW48,000 at Morgan Stanley
- Localiza Rent a Car S.A. (RENT3:BZ) (LZRFY) PT Lowered to R$67 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!