Tesla rallies after Ark Invest predicts $3,000 stock price
- Wall Street closes lower as inflation jitters spark broad sell-off
- Tesla (TSLA) Sales in China 'Stagnated' in April, Wedbush Notes
- Roblox (RBLX) Gains as Sales Rise 140%, Analyst Raises PT on Strong Growth and Early China Launch
- Dollar holds near 10-week low ahead of inflation report
- Tesla (TSLA) Halts Plans to Buy Land in Shanghai Amid Increased Tensions with China: Report
FILE PHOTO: A Tesla logo on a Model S is photographed inside of a Tesla dealership in New York, U.S., April 29, 2016. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/File Photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
By Noel Randewich
(Reuters) - Shares of Tesla jumped over 6% on Monday, getting a lift from a bullish report from Ark Invest, an influential shareholder in the electric car maker.
Ark Invest said in a report on Friday it expects Tesla's stock price to more than quadruple to $3,000 by 2025. Tesla was last trading at $698 a share.
The asset management company run by Cathie Wood also predicted Tesla's electric vehicle revenue would reach between $234 billion and $367 billion by 2025.
Tesla's total revenue in 2020 grew 28% to $31.5 billion.
Popular with retail investors, the Ark Innovation exchange traded fund owns Tesla shares worth close to $2.5 billion. Tesla accounts for about 10% of the $24 billion Ark Innovation fund, making it the fund's largest investment.
Ark Innovation rose 2.5% on Monday and is up over 200% in the past 12 months.
Tesla is down over 20% from its January record high and is up around 700% over the past 12 months.
(Reporting by Noel Randewich in Oakland, California; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Piper Sandler Said Don't Get Hung Up on Tesla's (TSLA) Weak April China Sales Numbers
- ARK Innovation ETF (ARKK) Sinks 5% in Pre-Open Trade
- SailPoint Technologies Holdings (SAIL) PT Lowered to $60 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Reuters, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, ARK
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!