Tesla Rival Rivian (RIVN) Shares Surge on Production Update, Seen as a 'Good First Step'
- Stocks gain, shrugging off latest policymaker inflation concerns
- Cisco (CSCO) Gains as Results, Guidance Signal Supply Constraints are Easing
- This Indicator Signals Apple (AAPL) Stock Could Hit $230 - Bank of America
- Kohl's (KSS) Tumbles on Soft Results and Slashed Guidance
- Analysts Slam Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) as Ryan Cohen's Move Removes 'Key Support Leg'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shares of Rivian (NASDAQ: RIVN) are up 3% in pre open trading today after the electric vehicle (EV) maker said it is on track to reach its production goal of 25,000 vehicles in 2022.
The American carmaker said it produced 2,553 vehicles and delivered 1,227 cars in the first quarter, compared to 1,015 produced and 920 delivered units last year.
Last month, the company warned that issues related to the supply chain could halve its 2022 production target to 25,000.
Rivian’s factory in Normal, Illinois can produce 150,000 vehicles per year, with the company planning to increase that capacity to 200,000 by 2023. Rivian currently makes its R1S sport utility vehicle, R1T pickup truck, and a delivery van for Amazon in that factory.
The carmaker plans to open another factory close to Atlanta in 2024, which is set to increase the company’s capacity to 400,000 vehicles annually.
RBC analyst Joseph Spak reiterated an Outperform rating and a $100.00 per share price target.
“We have more confidence in our 2022 production forecast of 25.5k (and company indicated well positioned to deliver on their 25k production guidance), but we are slightly adjusting our deliveries for 2022 to account for longer in-transit times. Our new 2022 delivery forecast is 23.7k vs. ~24.9k prior and this does modestly tweak our 2022 P&L forecast. We believe production is the focal point, we just previously highlighted deliveries because we didn't have a consensus production forecast,” Spak said in a client note.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CFRA Raises PT, Estimates on Tesla (TSLA) as Inflation Bill Cuts Competition
- This Rule with a Perfect Track Record Says the Market Hasn't Bottomed - BofA
- Manchester United (MANU) Shares Rise as Musk Jokes He Could Buy His 'Fav Team'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Corporate News, Guidance, Hot List
Related EntitiesTesla, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!