Tesla Motors (TSLA) Named Top 2017 Pick at Baird
- Tech pulls Nasdaq, S&P 500 down as Treasury yields rise
- Merck (MRK) Said to Be Unidentified Suitor for Acceleron Pharma (XLRN), Not Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) - Report
- EV Company Polestar To Go Public Via $20 Billion SPAC Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Price Target Lowered at Morgan Stanley Amid Rising Logistics Workforce Costs, Analyst Expects Stock to be Range Bound in Near Term
- Oil up on tight supply, Brent crude nears $80 a barrel
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Baird analyst Ben Kallo named Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) his top pick for 2017 and reiterated an Outperform rating and price target of $338.
"We think the ramp of Tesla Energy and Model 3 production could exceed expectations during 2017, and believe the opportunity is not currently reflected in share prices," Kallo said.
Kallo does not believe Tesla's energy storage business and growth opportunity is currently reflected in share prices. "We believe TSLA battery sales are accelerating, and we should see additional benefits from the battery production ramp coinciding with the launch of the Model 3," he commented. "We recommend accumulating shares ahead of additional details being released about TSLA’s current battery costs and density metrics, and believe the upcoming Gigafactory tour on January 4 will be a positive catalyst for the stock."
Powerwall 2 provides a competitive pricing advantage per kWh, and should allow TSLA to continue to gain market share for homes and small businesses, the analyst said.
The analyst also does not believe the Q4 delivery number (expected by Jan. 3) will be an overhang and recommends buying shares heading into 2017 as they believe the stock will make new highs.
The firm will be hosting a dinner with TSLA management on January 3 and touring the Gigafactory on January 4.
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $214.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steel Dynamics (STLD) is a Stock to Own Long-Term on Tesla's (TSLA) CyberTruck - Global Equities' Chowdhry
- Lordstown Motors (RIDE) Slips as Goldman Sachs Downgrades to Sell on Valuation and Competition
- Experts Say Electric Tractors Could Overtake Gas-Powered Tractors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Ben Kallo, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!