Tesla (TSLA) Ultra Bull Chowdhry Said Prudent to Be Cautious Near-Term Amid Chip Shortages
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry believes Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) will be impacted by the global chip shortages and in particular the Renesas chip factory fire.
The analyst highlights:
- In 2017, at Embedded System Conference, we uncovered that IDT (Integrated Device Technology), a San Jose based Company, was a supplier to TSLA
- In 2018 Renesas acquired IDT
- Fire broke in Tokyo Plant, and not in San Jose. We don't know how IDT operations may have changed post merger
- But we also know Delphi is a supplier to TSLA, and Renesys is a Supplier to Delphi
The ultra-bullish analyst said it is prudent to be cautious near term on Tesla, as production gets impacted by any single part even a 5 cent one.
However, in the long-term, the analyst said it is not a problem for Tesla and the analyst reiterated his $1000 price target.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Erases Gain, Goes Red
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW) Appoints Kathleen Wilson-Thompson to Its Board of Directors
- Cathie Wood's ARK Adds to Stakes in Exact Sciences (EXAS), Nano Dimension (NNDM)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement, Trip Chowdhry
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!