Tesla (TSLA) Reports a Truly Soft Datapoint, Credit Suisse Expects The Narrative to be Tested
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- AT&T (T) in Talks to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) - WSJ
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse analyst Dan Levy reiterated a Neutral rating and $800.00 price target on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) after the company reported a miss on 4Q’20 with 80c EPS vs. the consensus $1.13.
The analyst believes this marks the first truly soft datapoint for the company in some time, and sets up the stock for a test of the robust long-term narrative. He stated "Our take – while the stock may see some near-term pressure, we believe a continued robust narrative will continue to support the stock’s lofty valuation. Indeed, as we’ve noted in the past, Tesla checks many boxes for investors (growth, disruption, ESG)…all supporting a rich narrative. And with Tesla to expand capacity in 2021, we don’t think that narrative changes."
Shares of Tesla closed at $815.05 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ACV Auctions Inc (ACVA) PT Lowered to $41 as Jefferies Sees One Issue with the Quarter
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. (DRRD:IN) (RDY) PT Raised to INR5,759 at Ambit Capital
- Park Lawn Corp. Ltd. (PLC:CN) (PRRWF) PT Raised to Cdn$46 at Stifel Canada
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!