Tesla (TSLA) Maintains a Lead Over Porsche in Software and Pricing - Macquarie
- Wall Street ends higher, notches weekly gains as Fed meeting looms
- Intel pares losses but sheds $9 billion in value on dire outlook, dividend concerns
- Analysts rush to cut Intel (INTC) price targets following weaker than expected Q1 guidance
- Lucid Group (LCID) doubles on Saudi rumors
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Macquarie analyst Maynard Um reiterated an Outperform rating and $400.00 price target on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) after Porsche released the Taycan, an EV that appears to be more concerned with competing against existing Porsche models than competing against Tesla.
The analyst stated "we viewed Taycan’s traditional specs as largely in line to below Tesla’s Performance models while at a much higher price point (Taycan Turbo is ~$50k higher than Model S
Performance). However, more importantly, we felt information regarding one of the most important features where differentiation will be created – software – was lacking. In this regard, we believe Tesla continues to maintain a material lead".
Shares of Tesla closed at $227.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Elon Musk Faces SEC Probe For Role In Tesla (TSLA) Self-driving Claims - Bloomberg
- Morgan Stanley Bullish as Tesla (TSLA) ushers in the 'Great EV Deflation'
- Macronix (2337:TT) (MXICF) PT Lowered to NT$44.50 at Macquarie
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!