Tesla (TSLA) Factory Checks Suggest Model S and Model X May Have Reached 'End-of-Life', Focus to Be Model Y, 3 and Cybertruck - Chowdhry
- Shares shaky as rate-hike week looms
- 'Don't Fight the Fed' is still alive and this week will serve as a reminder - MS Wilson
- Adani responds to Hindenburg report, but stocks continue descent
- Tesla (TSLA) stock earns upgrade to Buy on 'misguided pricing concerns'
- Oil steadies as rate hikes loom, Russian flows stay strong
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry conducted his routine checks at Tesla's (NASDAQ: TSLA) Factory, Delivery Hub and Shipping Docks. His key takeaway was the Y Factory activity is off to a good start and the product mix is shifting.
Product Mix is Shifting. Model S and Model X may get discontinued, thereby paving way for CyberTruck or maybe CyberCar, 2 years from now
- On relative basis, we saw much more Model S and Model X coming from the Production Area to Holding Area
- We think, there is some burst in production of both Model S and Model X
- We have taken the Test Ride in CyberTruck.
- The technology of CyberTruck is exponentially over and beyond both Model S and Model X.
- CyberTruck is completely in a different Technology Orbit
- Model Y seems to be on plan, the outside construction is now complete
Based on the above, we think the following is happening:
- TSLA will very likely announce that Model S and Model X have reached their end-of-life, and if anyone wants to buy these cars, for whatever reason, have up until June-July'2020 to buy one
- TSLA focus for next 2 years will likely be the following:
- 70% Effort on Model Y
- 30% Effort on Model 3
- Our research is indicating that demand for Model Y will easily be 3x that of Model 3
- 2 Years from now, we think TSLA will Launch CyberTruck and maybe CyberCar
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berenberg Upgrades Tesla (TSLA) to Buy
- Tesla (TSLA) mentioned positive at boutique
- Lucid Group (LCID) doubles on Saudi rumors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesTesla, Trip Chowdhry, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!