Take-Two Interactive's (TTWO) GTA 6 Launch in FY24 Appears Increasingly Unlikely - BofA
- Wall St posts third straight quarterly loss as inflation weighs, recession looms
- Intel's Autonomous Unit Mobileye Files U.S. IPO, Defying Weak Market Conditions
- Nike (NKE) Drops 9% as Inventory Surges 44%, Analysts See Attractive Valuation
- Hollywood Super Agent Attempts to Open Door for Twitter-Musk Settlement - Bloomberg
- Dollar up on euro as quarter ends, commodity led currencies sink
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BofA said in a research note Thursday that the launch of Take-Two Interactive Software (NASDAQ: TTWO) GTA 6 in FY24 appears increasingly unlikely based on their analysis of headcount estimates at Rockstar.
A BofA analyst explained that they believe GTA 6 would need at least one year of alpha testing, with the game fully playable from start to finish, to begin by the end of 2022 to launch by holiday 2023.
"Third party headcount estimates show a continued ramp of content developers at Rockstar through July 2022; the ramp appeared to begin in earnest around February 2021, which we think marks the beginning of GTA 6 production," the BofA analyst wrote. "This timeline appears consistent with footage we analyzed from the GTA 6 leak, and Bloomberg's July 27th article indicating that interviewed developers expected the game to be at least two years away."
BofA, who has a Neutral rating and $130 price target on TTWO, says a February 2021 start to production also explains the lack of game slices available for a gameplay trailer, with headcount estimates, leak footage, and the timing of Dan Houser's sabbatical from Rockstar "all suggesting the game was in pre-production from Spring 2019 through mid-2021."
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NOV Inc (NOV) to Benefit from Easing Supply Chains - BofA
- CyberArk Software Well Positioned For Double-Digit Profitability this Coming Year - Cowen
- Companies with NDRs 9/29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!