Summer Rally Bandwagon is Growing, Most Investors Expecting Bear Market Rally to Play the 'Jackson Hole Pivot' - Bank of America
- S&P 500 closes the book on its biggest first-half plunge since 1970
- Micron (MU) Shares Drop 4% on Significant Q4 Guidance Miss
- S&P 500 on Track for Worst First-Half in 60 Years
- Exclusive-Meta slashes hiring plans, girds for 'fierce' headwinds
- Tesla Could Make Billions from Opening Up Its EV Supercharger Network - Goldman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Investors are buying US equities again with flows in a week to Wednesday the biggest in the last 10 weeks, according to Bank of America’s top strategist Michael Hartnett.
As much as $20.6 billion was poured into equities with outflows from cash at $28.2 billion. However, the tech sector witnessed the 5th week of outflow at $1 billion. Similarly, the market saw the 8th week of outflows from financials ($1.2 billion) while consumer stocks recorded the largest inflow in 5 months ($1.2 billion).
“Summer rally bandwagon growing…bears (see plunging BofA B&B Indicator) + “peak” inflation + Fed "pause"; most oversold assets relative to 200dma, i.e. vulnerable to tradable bounce,” Hartnett said in a client note.
In the meantime, BofA Bull & Bear Indicator is at 0.6, which is yielding an “unambiguous contrarian buy” signal, Hartnett notes.
Recent talks with investors showed that the overall mood is bearish, “so bearish most expecting bear market rally to play the "Jackson Hole pivot”.”
The strategist also said that BofA will continue to fade rallies and sees SPX going to 4200 at the maximum.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- S&P 500 Could Rally Almost 10% From Here, Bank of America's Suttmeier Suggests
- 'Protection Against the Coming Storm': Goldman Sachs Pops on BofA Upgrade to Buy
- Bank of America Clients are Selling This Rally
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot List, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBofA/Merrill Lynch, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!