Square (SQ) PT Raised to $350 at Needham & Company on Afterpay Deal
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company analyst Mayank Tandon raised the price target on Square (NYSE: SQ) to $350.00 (from $310.00) while maintaining a Buy rating.
The analyst commented, "Last night, SQ announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire Afterpay (APT.ASX - Not Rated) in a $29 billion all-stock deal, helping SQ make a big-splash in the buy now/pay later space while also bolstering its international growth plans. The company also reported upbeat 2Q results, beating on the core Seller and Cash App revenue streams while coming in well above consensus on the bottom line due to positive operating leverage. Despite today's 10%+ rally in the shares, we remain positive on SQ given the building momentum in the Seller and Cash app businesses. In addition, we believe that the Afterpay deal will provide additional opportunities to enhance LT growth and profitability. We are reiterating our BUY rating and raising our target to $350."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- EasyJet Plc. (EZJ:LN) (ESYJY) PT Lowered to GBP7.50 at Deutsche Bank
- SUSE S.A. (SUSE:GR) PT Raised to EUR41 at Deutsche Bank
- Kerry Properties Ltd. (683:HK) (KRYPY) PT Lowered to HK$42 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!