SoFi (SOFI) Stock Slips as Mizuho Cuts Price Target by 43%, Goldman Sachs Starts at Neutral on Valuation
- Stocks gain, shrugging off latest policymaker inflation concerns
- Cisco (CSCO) Gains as Results, Guidance Signal Supply Constraints are Easing
- Mind Medicine Surges on Connection to Bed Bath & Beyond Whiz Kid Trader Freeman
- This Indicator Signals Apple (AAPL) Stock Could Hit $230 - Bank of America
- Kohl's (KSS) Tumbles on Soft Results and Slashed Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shares of SoFi Technologies (NASDAQ: SOFI) are down over 2% after Mizuho analyst Dan Dolev lowered the price target to $17.00 per share from the prior $30.00.
The lowered price target reflects “the impact of warrant redemptions in December and our medium-term adj. EBITDA expectations.”
When it comes to near-term estimates, they remain unchanged.
“We are lowering our FY22-23 adj. EBITDA estimates from $257mn and $480mn to $178mn and $370. This reflects longer-term expectations from management of achieving an incremental EBITDA margin of 30% by reinvesting about 70 cents of every incremental dollar of revenue back into the business during an average 12-month period,” Dolev said in a client note on the But-rated SoFi.
Moreover, Goldman Sachs analyst Michael Ng initiated research coverage with a Neutral rating and a 12-month target price of $16.00.
“We forecast SOFI to realize a 37% 4-year adjusted revenue CAGR with $1.1 bn of EBITDA by 2025. First, Lending should realize a growing loan book driven by the end of the student loan moratorium, share gains in personal loans, and expansion into mortgage. Second, member and engagement growth should drive Financial Services with increased usage of deposit accounts, investing, and card spending. Third, Technology will benefit from demand for banking-as-a-service and modern card issuing & processing technology and Galileo’s experience and expertise, particularly among fintechs and digital banks customers. A SOFI bank charter could provide upside optionality and has the potential to reduce funding costs and increase net interest income,” Ng said in a client note.
However, the Neutral rating is a result of the current market valuation that largely reflects SOFI’s growth opportunity.
SoFi stock price is already down over 15% YTD.
By Senad Karaahmetovic | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BofA Securities Upgrades BJ's Wholesale (BJ) to Buy on Strong Trends in Tough Environment
- BJ's Wholesale Club (BJ) Tops Earnings Estimates - Well Positioned in Near and Long-term
- Superior Gold Inc. (SGI:CN) (SUPGF) PT Lowered to Cdn$1.25 at BMO Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!