Shopify (SHOP) Raised to Overweight at Atlantic, Shares Open 5% Higher
- Wall Street jumps over 1% to start fourth quarter
- Tesla (TSLA) Now 'Unlikely' to Hit Its 50% Delivery Growth Goal for 2022 - Analyst
- U.S. manufacturing activity slowest in almost 2-1/2 years in September-ISM
- Citi Cuts Year-end S&P 500 Price Target to 4000, Introduces 2023 PT of 3900
- Oil jumps more than $4 as OPEC+ weighs biggest output cut since 2020
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shares of Shopify (NYSE: SHOP) are trading around 5% higher at New York open after Atlantic Equities analyst Kunaal Malde upgraded to Overweight.
Despite widely-acknowledged concerns surrounding ecommerce growth, Malde says the company is “a market leader in product innovation, which helps the platform continue taking share of ecommerce volumes and increase its take rate over time.”
The analyst sees the ecommerce sector reaccelerating as secular tailwinds return as the primary growth driver.
“GMV estimates are now seemingly more conservative for Shopify than most peers, so we now see upside to consensus following the recent reset. Valuation remains relatively high but no longer assumes success of SFN, in our view,” Malde said in a client note.
The analyst also sees “reasonable” estimates for PayPal (NYSE: PYPL), supportive valuation with EPS growth likely returning to about 20% in 2023.
“We are slightly ahead of the Street on revenue, below on gross profit due to the Braintree mix shift, but slightly ahead on EPS given the increasing cost discipline and see ~20% EPS growth as realistic in 2023. Valuation remains attractive compared to its history, and we remain Overweight,” the analyst added.
The price targets on Shopify and PayPal are $46 and $120, respectively.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Box Gains After Upgrade to Overweight at Morgan Stanley as 'Value is Underappreciated'
- DocuSign (DOCU) Stock Falls 4% After Morgan Stanley Downgrade to Underweight
- Roblox (RBLX) Rated New Underperform at MoffettNathanson, Analyst Sees Almost 50% Downside Risk
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot List, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesSenad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!