Shoals Technologies Group (SHLS) PT Raised to $40 at Cowen After Its First Earnings Call
- Wall Street closes with weekly gains, S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Cowen analyst Jeffrey Osborne raised the price target on Shoals Technologies Group (NASDAQ: SHLS) to $40.00 (from $39.00) after the company's first earnings call post the IPO. International expansion and opportunities with solar plus storage are seeing momentum, and the company hired a new head of EV charging to lead the charging initiative.
The analyst reiterated a Market Perform rating noting 4 takeaways from the call:
1) revenue and EBITDA guidance reflected a modest increase vs. the Street's expectations and commentary around solar growth was encouraging with a 50% increase in quoting activity
2) Shoal's hired Jeff Tolnar, the former Chief Commercial Officer from Greenlots, which was acquired by Shell, to be the new head of EV Charging
3) Management alleviated investor concerns about copper and aluminum price increases impacting
margins or growth, noting that commodity prices are passed through to customers and quotes are only good for 7 days for acceptance due to commodity exposure.
4) backlog came in at $157mn (a 46% increase y/y), providing 67% coverage for the midpoint of $235mn guidance for 2021 revenue.
The analyst stated "The company’s ability to reduce the cost to install EBOS solutions while offering a customized solution system for individual projects sets Shoals apart from other EBOS suppliers and enables Shoals to capture continued market share gains. Plans to leverage the existing customer base for international expansion, the introduction of BLA 2.0 product, plans to capture additional EBOS wallet share from customers by expanding its portfolio offerings, among other growth avenues like battery storage and EV charging infrastructure, provide multiple levers for long-term sustainable growth. While we like the story and are excited about opportunities for growth, valuation is keeping us on the sidelines."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Siemens AG (SIE:GR) (SIEGY) PT Raised to EUR170 at Jefferies
- KB Financial Group (105560:KS) (KB) PT Raised to KRW67,500 at Morgan Stanley
- Seven Group Holdings Limited (SVW:AU) (SVNWF) PT Raised to AUD27.50 at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Cowen & Co, Earnings, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!