Scorpio Tankers (STNG) Management Meetings Confirm 2H or Sooner Recovery - Jefferies
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst Randy Giveans reiterated a Buy rating and $20.00 price target on Scorpio Tankers (NYSE: STNG) after hosting management for a series of client calls that provided more evidence of a product tanker market recovery in 2H21 or sooner. Management believes decreasing refinery capacity in Europe, the US, and Australia/New Zealand coupled with expanding capacity in the Middle East and Asia will result in additional ton-mile demand as products travel further to end users. Additionally, improving economic conditions and GDP growth in developing nations are expected to lead to increased demand for gasoline and other refined products which will be satisfied through imports. As a result, Jefferies believes ton-mile demand in 2021 could grow by 8-10%.
The analyst stated "In addition to an improving global economy, refinery closures in the EU, US, and AU/NZ coupled with capacity additions in the Middle East and Asia should boost ton-mile demand. Lastly, the supply picture remains very attractive."
Shares of Scorpio Tankers closed at $19.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Charles Schwab Corp. (SCHW) PT Raised to $76 at Jefferies Into EPS
- Schroders Plc (SDR:LN) (SHNWF) PT Raised to GBP29.20 at Goldman Sachs
- Carvana (CVNA) March Traffic Surged 175% - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!