SVB Leerink Downgrades Agios Pharma (AGIO) to Market Perform as Sickle Cell Program Delayed to 2022
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SVB Leerink analyst Andrew Berens downgraded Agios Pharma (NASDAQ: AGIO) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $50.00 (from $55.00) after the company reported 4Q20 earnings, updating a number of pipeline programs that shift the investment inflection to 2022.
The analyst stated "The update cal lgave us few reasons to believe there is additional near-term value that
could likely be recognized, particularly since the key sickle cell disease program will be delayed vs. our expectations. The thesis for AGIO shifted primarily to mitapivat and the anemia program, which includes pyruvate kinase deficiency (PKD), sickle cell disease (SCD) and thalassemia, opportunities that we think are fully valued in the near-term, with the core debates playing out in 2022 and beyond."
Shares of Agios Pharma closed at $47.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades L'Oreal SA (OR:FP) (LRLCY) to Conviction Buy
- ERO Copper (ERO:CN) (ERRPF) PT Raised to Cdn$27.50 at Canaccord Genuity
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FM:CN) (FQVLF) PT Raised to Cdn$31 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, Andrew Berens
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!