Roth Cuts PT on Synta Pharma (SNTA) to $20; Still Attractively Priced Given Ganetespib Potential
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Roth Capital is paring-back its price target on Synta Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: SNTA) from $27 to $20 and maintains a Buy rating following news that Synta will be implemeting a new corporate strategy.
Analyst Joseph Pantginis commented,
We believe that Synta, under the direction of new CEO Anne Whitaker, is conducting efficient and needed cost saving measures to ensure proper focus and allocation of resources directed toward ganetespib's clinical programs. We're also encouraged by the clarity of management's vision provided by this announcement, in particular regarding the HDC program, which is now given a green light to proceed. We look forward to details from the IND-enabling studies of the lead product, STA-12-8666, as well as the identity of any followup candidates coming from this program. Synta is facing an important milestone this year with the anticipated interim analysis of GALAXY-2 in 2H15 followed by final data coming out in 1H16.
Pantginis still sees Synta as attractively priced given the potential of ganetespib in "several indications and the partnering potential of the drug."
Synta Pharma. closed at $2.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ:CN) (CNQ) PT Raised to Cdn$46 at TD Securities
- Trisura (TSU:CN) (TRRSF) PT Raised to Cdn$180 at TD Securities
- Fiera Capital Corp. (FSZ:CN) (FRRPF) PT Raised to Cdn$11.50 at TD Securities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRoth Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!