Rosenblatt Starts AK Steel (AKS) at Buy
- World shares ride earnings to fresh high, dollar steady
- Oil prices edge higher as Delta variant spread caps gains
- Dollar trades near recent lows; kiwi climbs
- After-Hours Stock Movers 08/03: (CERS) (NVTA) (ATVI) Higher; (ZY) (LPSN) (OSUR) Lower (more...)
- Tencent (TCEHY) Falls Sharply as State Media Describes Online Games as ‘Spiritual Opium’, Company Vows to Improve
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Rosenblatt initiates coverage on AK Steel (NYSE: AKS) with a Buy rating and a price target of $6.00.
Analyst Chris Olin commented, "Consistent with the recent positive outlook issued on the steel industry, we believe AKS is undervalued in relation to the 2017 earnings potential. Our independent survey work in the carbon sheet markets previously indicated some near-term weakness in downstream orders and mill pricing. However, we believe the late summer correction was driven by seasonal factors and channel uncertainty rather than a complete breakdown in industry fundamentals. The core catalysts remain visible for the main U.S. producers: (1) slow improvements in underlying steel consumption; (2) a reduced number of low-priced import offers following many favorable trade case decisions; (3) better managed steel capacity and controlled production in North America; and (4) tight inventory holding positions. This should provide a higher price floor for the flat rolled product over the next 2-3 years."
Shares of AK Steel closed at $4.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Assumes Clarivate Plc (CLVT) at Outperform
- Zebra Technologies (ZBRA) PT Raised to $600 at Needham & Company
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Starts Victoria's Secret (VSCO) at Overweight, Top Pick
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesEarnings, Rosenblatt
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!