Roblox (RBLX) Rated New Underperform at MoffettNathanson, Analyst Sees Almost 50% Downside Risk
- S&P 500, Nasdaq snap losing streaks after jobless claims rise
- lululemon athletica (LULU) shares plunge despite earnings, revenue beat
- Banks may provide Elon Musk with new margin loans against Tesla stock - report
- DocuSign jumps after beating expectations for revenue and earnings
- Bath & Body Works gains as Dan Loeb's Third Point takes new stake, seeks board refreshment
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MoffettNathanson analyst Clay Griffin initiated research coverage on Roblox (NYSE: RBLX) with an Underperform rating and a $19 per share price target.
While the analyst acknowledges that Roblox built an “undeniably powerful interactive entertainment platform,” Griffin also notes that experiences are “lightweight and derivative of concepts already well-developed on other platforms.”
The analyst is also cautious about Roblox’s plans as the company “seems to want to pivot the narrative to a distant and, in our view, rose-colored, picture of the future.” All this while the market is “increasingly fraught about the here and now.”
On a more positive note, Griffin sees a “reasonably good” margin profile, but that’s not enough for him to get more constructive on Roblox shares.
“We’re just not sure Roblox’s reality will be as grand as its vision. In a market looking for less evangelism and more “meat on the bone,” there’s plenty of room for the market to lose confidence,” Griffin further wrote in an initiation note.
Griffin’s price target of $19 implies a downside risk of almost 50% compared to Friday’s closing price of $35.84.
Roblox shares are trading modestly lower in pre-open Monday.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- L3Harris Technologies and Raytheon Technologies 'well diversified competitors' - Citi
- Mizuho Securities Starts Insmed (INSM) at Buy
- Stifel Starts agilon health Inc (AGL) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot List, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesPre Market Movers, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!