Restoration Hardware (RH) Story 'Significantly De-Risked' with Multiple Drivers, Analyst Says in Upgrade
- Wall Street slips on tech losses, tax uncertainty weighs
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
- Dollar hits three-week high, boosted by recent upbeat data, Fed taper view
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Shares of Restoration Hardware (NYSE: RH) are up roughly 6.0% Thursday morning on a strong upgrade from Loop Capital Markets to Buy (from Hold) and new price target of $120 (from $101).
Analyst Anthony Chukumba believes the RH story "was significantly de-risked in 2017" from a financial and operational standpoint, while the company's operating environment will benefit from "multiple significant near-term tailwinds" heading into 2018.
Chukumba writes that RH management has successfully implemented initiatives to differentiate the business from competitors, citing "proven next generation design galleries and merchandising" that should provide several benefits above and beyond current legacy locations The analyst also notes the recent passage of tax cuts, an improving domestic macroeconomic environment, strong housing market and improving consumer confidence as upside catalysts for the shares.
The Loop Capital analyst acknowledges to clients that the new $120 price target, based on 23.3x time his F2018 diluted EPS estimates, could be "conservative," as it is in line with the historical five-year average. RH shares currently trade at a discount of 17.7x times the analyst's F2018 diluted EPS estimate.
The new price target represents 31.2% upside from Wednesday's close.
StreetInsider Premium first published a variation of this article at 5:06AM ET. Try StreetInsider Premium for two weeks free here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Jefferies Downgrades Las Vegas Sands (LVS) to Hold
- AP Moller Maersk (MAERSKB:DC) (AMKBY) PT Raised to DKK22,559 at Credit Suisse
- Hennes & Mauritz AB (HMB:SS) (HNNMY) PT Lowered to SEK185 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!