Raymond James Upgrades Comcast Corp (CMCSA) to Outperform; 'Road to Recovery is NBCU'
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
(Updated - April 16, 2021 5:55 AM EDT)
Raymond James analyst Frank Louthan upgraded Comcast Corp (NASDAQ: CMCSA) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $61.00.
The analyst comments "We are upgrading shares of Comcast to Outperform ahead of 1Q results. We believe there is future NBCU upside from HSD strength, Peacock sub growth, improved theatrical revenue, and phased theme park reopenings. Additionally, we believe any Title II-related fallout likely won't join the fold until at least 2022. The COVID-defensive cable group has lagged in recent months, although we believe Comcast possesses a notable COVID-recovery component with its stores, parks, and theatrical business."
Shares of Comcast Corp closed at $54.14 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Raymond James Upgrades ConocoPhillips (COP) to Strong Buy
- Altus Group Ltd. (AIF:CN) (ASGTF) PT Raised to Cdn$68 at TD Securities
- Tupperware Brands (TUP) Upgraded to 'Buy' at Citi on Encouraging Turnaround Progress, Shares Gain
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesRaymond James
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!