Raymond James Keeps Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) at 'Underperform'; Q4 Results Worse than Expected
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
Clean Energy Fuels (NASDAQ: CLNE) is markedly higher Friday after reporting Q4 EPS of $0.11 with revenue of $132 million. The Street consensus was looking for a loss of $0.17 per share on sales of $111 million.
Raymond James analyst Pavel Molchanov maintains his Underperform rating on CLNE amid the beat. The analyst notes that CLNE's adjusted loss actually came in at $0.01 per share for the quarter, while the firm was looking for EPS of $0.05.
The company’s non-GAAP EPS figure of $0.11 added back various items, but notably, did not remove 4Q’s one-time $12 million gain from the sale of a biomethane plant. Thus, what might look like a “headline beat” is actually the opposite when adjusted for this asset sale gain. That said, it is fair to say that the top line was solid. Product revenue came in at $117.5 million (including VETC revenue of $28 million – the catchup provision for all of 2014), 2% above our model. Service revenue of $14.6 million was 8% above our model. Product gross margin of 35.8% naturally contained the VETC benefit, though it was 300 bp below our model.
While adaptation of LNG in the trucking segment has been slower than expected, Molchanov notes two company specific reasons for the negativity: 1) choppy financial metrics and 2) a strained balance sheet and chronic cash burn.
Clean Energy Fuels closed at $5.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cosair Gaming (CRSR) PT Lowered to $39 at Wedbush
- Qinetiq Group (QQ:LN) (QNTQY) PT Lowered to GBP3.10 at Goldman Sachs
- Alrosa PJSC (ALRS:RM) PT Lowered to RUB165 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRaymond James, Pavel Molchanov
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!