Qualcomm (QCOM) Well Positioned Into 5G, Settlements - Canaccord Genuity
- Wall Street ends higher in robust rebound from Omicron-driven rout
- Apple (AAPL) Tells Suppliers iPhone Demand Slowing as Holidays Near - Bloomberg
- Boeing (BA) Stock Gains as China Aviation Authority Paves Way for 737 MAX Return
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Stock Up 6% on Q3 Beat and Raised 2021 Guidance
- DocuSign (DOCU) Stock Dropped 25% on Below Expected Q4 Guidance; Q3 EPS Beat Estimates
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Canaccord Genuity analyst T. Michael Walkley was out positive on Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) ahead of the FTC case starting Friday, which he notes is an important step in process towards reaching licensing settlement with Apple. Walkley said with 5G network builds starting to ramp around the world in 2019, they believe Qualcomm is well positioned to benefit with increasing smartphone market share in 2H/19 and beyond. While positive on 5G, they believe settling licensing disputes with Apple and Huawei are potential larger catalysts for the shares in 2019.
"With Qualcomm receiving favorable rulings with preliminary injunctions for older iPhone models in China and Germany during December, we believe this could help Qualcomm gain some much- needed leverage to facilitate negotiations with Apple... We maintain our BUY rating given our belief Qualcomm will eventually settle with Apple and Huawei combined with our expectations 5G will drive longer-term market share gains and adjacent market growth opportunities," the analyst commented.
The firm reiterated a Buy rating and price target of $75 on QCOM.
Shares of Qualcomm closed at $57.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Qualcomm (QCOM) 30-day option implied volatility flat at 38
- Keysight Technologies (KEYS) PT Raised to $222 at Susquehanna
- Five Below's (FIVE) Strong Results Confirm Recent Decision to Upgrade - Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCanaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!