'Protection Against the Coming Storm': Goldman Sachs Pops on BofA Upgrade to Buy
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 retreat as rate hike fears cool stock rally
- Disney (DIS) Stock Gains on Disney+ Beat and Raised Prices, Earns Upgrade to Buy
- Sonos Plunges as Weak Demand Prompts Outlook Cut, Analyst Seeks to See More Stabilization in Business
- AppLovin (APP) Shares Drop After Earnings Miss, Analyst Sees Growing Risks
- Bumble (BMBL) Falls on Slashed Revenue Guidance, Q2 Results Seen as 'Solid'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Bank of America analyst Ebrahim Poonawala upgraded Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) to Buy from Neutral with a $380.00 per share price target (up from $360.00).
The analyst sees positive risk/reward from current levels in comparison to peers. Poonawala adds that GS offers “protection against the coming storm.”
“We see the stock as well-positioned to outperform in what is likely to be a worsening economic backdrop that could weigh more materially on the EPS outlooks for its balance sheet lending heavy peers. As a result, we see the relative risk/reward as attractive with shares trading at 1.1x P/TBV and 8.1x 2023e P/E,” Poonawala told clients.
Furthermore, the analyst notes that GS could benefit from a volatile geo-political backdrop and monetary policy as these two could “drive elevated trading activity for the foreseeable future.”
On a negative note, Poonawala is below consensus of ‘22/’23e EPS, but notes that “the risk of negative EPS revisions is discounted at current valuations.”
Goldman Sachs shares are up 1% in pre-open Wednesday.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- First Solar (FSLR) to Benefit More than Most from IRA - KeyBanc
- Warby Parker (WRBY) Shares Surge Despite Cutting Full-Year Outlook
- Novozymes A/S (NZYMB:DC) (NVZMY) PT Raised to DKK380 at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot List, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Pre Market Movers, BofA/Merrill Lynch, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!