Potential Arm Deal Cancelation is a Net Positive for Nvidia (NVDA) - BofA
- Wall Street ends lower as Cisco and Apple sink
- A Recession Could Push S&P 500 to 3360 - Goldman Sachs
- Palo Alto Networks Shares Surge 11% on Q3 Earnings Beat and Raise
- Twitter (TWTR) Says Musk Deal Not 'On-Hold', Won't Renegotiate Price
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/19: Palo Alto Ramps on Strong Results; Ross Stores Plunges (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Following yesterday’s report on Bloomberg that Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA) is quietly working to abandon Arm acquisition, BofA analyst Vivek Arya sees this potential move as a net positive for the company.
The analyst believes Nvidia will be better off in channeling funds/equity reserved for Arm towards other growth endeavors in AI, Metaverse, gaming, autos and enterprise AI.
“In our view, if the headlines are true, it could be a net positive for NVDA in some scenarios, given: 1) The proposed deal faces considerable regulatory pushbacks; 2) NVDA does not need to own Arm to use Arm technology to expand in the data center; 3) Arm’s mature smartphone sales highly growth dilutive and likely not worth the $55-$60bn implied cash/stock value (equates to >20x EV/S); and 4) Even if deal were to be consummated it could have been a constant source of complicated royalty negotiations, several with NVDA’s competitors,” Arya wrote in a client note.
Overall, the analyst reiterated a Buy rating on Nvidia given the company’s “organic growth prospects which we find to be among the best in the sector with 20-25% topline growth and 25-30% EPS growth towards $10+ in EPS by 2025, up >2x from 2021.”
“We continue to believe that NVDA’s unique, and highly leverageable accelerated computing platform is best-positioned in the industry to take address several of the most, important, multi-decade secular growth opportunities,” Arya concluded.
By Senad Karaahmetovic | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: NVIDIA (NVDA) PT Lowered to $280 at Susquehanna
- Under Armour (UAA) Stock Plunges on CEO Change, Morgan Stanley Downgrades to Equal Weight on Rising Uncertainty
- Boral Ltd (BLD:AU) (BOALY) PT Lowered to AUD3.25 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!