Piper Sandler Raises Estimates on Tesla (TSLA) Ahead of 'Best-Ever Quarter' in Q3
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Sandler analyst Alexander Potter raised estimates on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) and reiterated an Overweight rating and a $1,200.00 per share price target after conducting a quarterly review of worldwide electric vehicle (EV) sales.
The analyst said Tesla is poised to report “the best-ever quarter” in Q3 after the conducted analysis forced the analyst to raised 2021 delivery estimates to 894k from the prior 846k. For Q3, Potter estimates 233k deliveries amid reports of strong production.
“People often focus on deliveries, but this metric probably gets too much airtime. We are more interested in margins, which we think could be particularly strong in Q3,” Potter said in a client note.
On wider EV trends, the analyst commented:
“China's world-leading EV penetration is still driven by Tesla and by local brands. Top-selling EV brands in China include Wuling, Tesla, BYD, Ora, Trumpchi, Nio, Xpen. But in Europe, several mainstream brands are contributing (especially VW). In China and the U.S., some high-profile EV launches have underwhelmed, but the frequency of serious EV launches will increase in 2022-2024,” Potter added.
Shares of Tesla are down 1.5% in pre-open Tuesday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Tesla (TSLA) Quietly Removes Cybertruck Details from Website
- Morgan Stanley Reiterates Overweight on Philip Morris Owner Altria (MO), Sees Significant Balance Sheet Flexibility and Increased Buyback Potential
- Tesla (TSLA) PT Raised to $950 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesTesla, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!