Palantir's New Contract with US Army Not Enough for Stock to Turn Higher - Analyst
- S&P 500, Nasdaq close up 4th straight week as optimism grows
- 'Back in Tech': Investors are Increasing Exposure to Tech and Growth Stocks - BofA
- Rivian Reports Bigger Loss, Says Current Models Won't Qualify for Tax Breaks
- US-listed China Stocks Slip on Delisting Moves, Analyst Sees Short-term Noise
- Salesforce (CRM), Snowflake (SNOW) Rated New Sell at Guggenheim, Oracle (ORCL) at Buy
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
It was announced yesterday that Palantir Technologies (NYSE: PLTR) is one of two companies awarded a contract by the U.S. Army for the Tactical Intelligence Targeting Access Node (TITAN) project.
TITAN is the first Intelligence ground station enabled by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). The contract is worth $36 million for the competitive prototyping phase that will last 14 months.
“Now more than ever, the Nation’s warriors and allies are being asked to make more decisions, at a faster speed, with more available data,” said Aki Jain, President of Palantir USG. “TITAN is the crucial combination of the Defense Industry’s best technology from both emerging and enduring DOD partners, and we’re proud to serve as a non-traditional prime contractor for this effort.”
William Blair analyst Kamil Mielczarek has downplayed the significance of this contract on Palantir’s business.
“While this deal is incrementally positive for Palantir, it makes up only 1%-2% of last-12-months’ revenue and does not grow total deal value at a fast enough rate to return total government revenue growth to 30%,” Mielczarek told clients in a note.
Therefore, the analyst remains “cautious on Palantir shares” given the pressure on gross margin due to competition and partnerships.
Mielczarek rates Palantir stock, which is down 2.5% in pre-open trading, as Underperform.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Downgrades Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR) to Sell
- Why GSK and Sanofi Shares are Trading Sharply Lower This Week
- Volcon (VLCN) Electric UTVs to be Powered by General Motors (GM)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Corporate News, Hot List, Management Comments
Related EntitiesWilliam Blair, Pre Market Movers, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!