Palantir (PLTR) Stock Tumbles 15% on Soft Outlook, Citi Sees Many Negatives
- S&P 500 ends near two-year low as bear market deepens
- From TINA to TARA: Goldman Gets More Defensive, Downgrades Equities to Underweight
- Doubleline Capital's Gundlach Says He is Buying Treasurys
- Apollo Global Management Exploring Ryder System (R) Acquisition - Bloomberg
- BofA Clients are Buying Defensive Stocks, Shifting Away from Cyclicals - Analyst
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shares of Palantir (NYSE PLTR) are down about 13% at the market open after the software company offered lukewarm revenue guidance.
Palantir reported Q2 revenue of $473 million, somewhere in line with the Bloomberg consensus of $472.5 million. PLTR also reported an adjusted loss per share of 1c, better than the analyst estimate of 2.9c. The adjusted operating margin came in at 23%.
For this quarter, Palantir said it expects to see revenue between $474 million and $475 million, down from the prior estimate of $506.3 million. On a full-year basis, revenue is seen at $1.9 billion, again lower than the $1.98 billion consensus.
“Revised guidance excludes any new major US government awards and we believe this to be the base case,” the company said in a press release.
Citi analyst Tyler Radke weighed in negatively amid “weak” Q3 guidance against “much easier comps.”
Radke reiterated a Sell rating as Q2 results “showed signs of continuing slowing growth and deteriorating margins at PLTR with another skinny beat on top-line (<1%), despite messaging incremental conservatism last Q,” the analyst said in a client note.
“While Q4 implied guidance was just 17% y/y, well below management’s 30%+ topline growth CAGR, and we think could indicate customer churn into the 2H. Q3 (and implied q4) operating margins were guided significantly below street by 16-17 pts, likely reflecting significant reinvesting. We expect stock to trade lower,” he added.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jabil (JBL) Rises After Topping FQ4 Estimates, Offers 'Robust' Guidance
- SYNNEX Corp. (SNX) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS
- Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Comments, Hot Earnings, Hot List, Management Comments
Related EntitiesCiti, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!