ON Semiconductor (ON) PT Raised to $26 but Morgan Stanley Keeps Underweight Rating
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Morgan Stanley analyst Craig Hettenbach raised the price target on ON Semiconductor (NASDAQ: ON) to $26.00 (from $24.00) while maintaining a Underweight rating after the company reported strong results due to a cyclical rebound in the business, led by strength in autos.
The analyst stated "CY21/CY22 goes to $1.56/$1.86 up from $1.26/$1.69. By end market, we model the strongest growth in autos (up 21% y/y in 2021) and industrial (+14%). Our target multiple of 14X P/E represents a 20%-25% premium to ON’s historic multiple of ~11.5X, giving the company some credit for the opportunity to improve margins and reflecting multiple expansion across the group. The magnitude of gross margin expansion, and most importantly any signs of structural improvement, is likely to be the biggest swing factor in the multiple from here".
You May Also Be Interested In
- BlueScope Steel Limited (BSL:AU) (BLSFY) PT Raised to AUD22.50 at Credit Suisse
- Cia Brasileira de Distribuicao (PCAR3:BZ) PT Raised to R$39 at Morgan Stanley
- KB Financial Group (105560:KS) (KB) PT Raised to KRW67,500 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!