Northland Capital Markets Upgrades Chegg (CHGG) to Outperform citing Improved Enrollment Outlook
- S&P 500 ends down as Apple dips and traders eye Powell speech
- CrowdStrike (CRWD) tumbles following Q3 earnings release
- Apple (AAPL) shares slide after TF Securities analyst cuts estimates on supply worries
- Horizon Therapeutics (HZNP) jumps after confirming takeover talks with 3 parties
- NetApp shares plunge 10% on Q2 revenue miss & weak outlook
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Northland Capital Markets analyst Mike Grondahl upgraded Chegg (NYSE: CHGG) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $30.00.
The analyst comments "Better Summer Enrollment Leads to Better Fall per Management: Chegg had a nice second quarter driven primarily by strength in summer school class enrollment. There was a nice shift from 1Q22 in which students were prioritizing earnings over education, but it seems it has shifted back towards education due to strong summer enrollment which is often an indicator for enrollment for the fall semester. Remember from the 2Q22 update, Chegg conducted a survey in which the results displayed that more students are taking summer courses on a y/y basis as a direct result of their experience with the pandemic and learning, allowing them to get ahead or catch up depending on their circumstance. The courses they are taking over the summer are more difficult as compared to previous quarters in which it was highlighted that students were taking much easier course loads. Management also highlighted that historically, higher summer attendance was an indicator for stronger enrollments in the fall. We decided to do some digging to gather more insight on fall enrollment outlook which we discuss later, but outlook is solid for both community colleges and universities. We are establishing our 2023 revenue, adj. EBITDA, and adj. EPS estimates at $829.0M, $238.6M, and $1.09, respectively. These are slightly above Street estimates."
Shares of Chegg closed at $21.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wolfe Research Starts Tricon Residential inc. (TCN) at Peerperform
- TAG Immobilien AG (TEG:GR) PT Lowered to EUR9 at Barclays
- Entain PLC (ENT:LN) (GMVHF) PT Raised to GBP22.70 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!