Northland Capital Markets Downgrades Luminar Technologies (LAZR) to Market Perform
- Wall Street set to open higher as JPMorgan, Goldman kick off bank earnings
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Q1 EPS Nearly Doubles Wall Street's View as Investment Banking Excels Amid SPAC and IPO Frenzy
- Oil maintains upward momentum despite fresh coronavirus fears
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Northland Capital Markets analyst Gus Richard downgraded Luminar Technologies (NASDAQ: LAZR) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $38.00.
The analyst comments "We continue to believe that Luminar will be a leader in the lidar market with what we believe to be the best technology and the cost reduction path. However, there are now 5 lidar companies that are public or in the process of going public via a SPAC. Also, at CES Mobileye announced it will use internally developed lidar in 2025. Given Intel will be developing the lidar for Mobileye we are skeptical. INTC has a number of more pressing issues they need to address. In addition, Intel's Silicon Photonics group is developing products for the data center and silicon photonics in package that is core to INTC's semiconductor franchise. Lidar is likely a side project that may not get the time and attention it needs to be productized by 2025. We think given all the activity in the lidar market investors may spread their lidar investments as it will be 18 to 24 months before LAZR's lidar ramp in production on a vehicle."
Shares of Luminar Technologies closed at $36.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Downgrades Synchrony Financial (SYF) to Perform
- What does Jazz Pharma (JAZZ) Combined with GW Pharma (GWPH) Look Like?, PT Raised to $202 at Stifel
- Lam Research (LRCX) PT Raised to $700 at Cowen, Best Set-Up Into EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!