Northland Capital Markets Downgrades Luminar Technologies (LAZR) to Market Perform
- Wall Street slips off record highs, Tesla drops after fatal crash
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk says data logs from crashed vehicle show Autopilot was not enabled, car did not purchase FSD
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Fell 20% Off the Highs Over the Weekend as Markets Got 'Too Excited' About Coinbase (COIN), Says Mike Novogratz
- GameStop (GME) CEO Gets the Axe as Ryan Cohen Continues to Make His Mark, Analyst Says Co. Will Likely Look to Tech Sector for New Hires
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Northland Capital Markets analyst Gus Richard downgraded Luminar Technologies (NASDAQ: LAZR) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $38.00.
The analyst comments "We continue to believe that Luminar will be a leader in the lidar market with what we believe to be the best technology and the cost reduction path. However, there are now 5 lidar companies that are public or in the process of going public via a SPAC. Also, at CES Mobileye announced it will use internally developed lidar in 2025. Given Intel will be developing the lidar for Mobileye we are skeptical. INTC has a number of more pressing issues they need to address. In addition, Intel's Silicon Photonics group is developing products for the data center and silicon photonics in package that is core to INTC's semiconductor franchise. Lidar is likely a side project that may not get the time and attention it needs to be productized by 2025. We think given all the activity in the lidar market investors may spread their lidar investments as it will be 18 to 24 months before LAZR's lidar ramp in production on a vehicle."
Shares of Luminar Technologies closed at $36.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Yum China Holdings (YUMC) to Buy
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Starts Ballard Power Systems (BLDP) at Equal Weight
- CLSA Downgrades Universal Entertainment Corporation (6425:JP) (UETMF) to Outperform (2)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!