New Street’s Ferragu ‘Tactically’ Downgrades ASML (ASML) and Applied Materials (AMAT) to Neutral, Remains Positive on Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM)
- Wall Street ends higher as investors bet on positive earnings season
- Netflix (NFLX) Q3, Q4 Subscriber Guidance Beats on 'Squid Game' Success
- Walmart (WMT) Added to Goldman's Conviction Buy List, Target (TGT) Removed
- SpaceX: If Elon Musk Were to Become the First Trillionaire, it Won't be Because of Tesla (TSLA)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Reports a Beat-and-Raise 3Q, Analyst Positive
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
New Street Research analyst Pierre Ferragu downgraded two semiconductor stocks today as he believes semicap expectations are lofty.
On AMAT, Ferragu wrote, “valuation vs. the SOXX is still very reasonable, but we don’t see a near-term catalyst for a rerating.” The price target is $140.00 per share.
On ASML, he said in a client note: “Record valuation, absolute & relative, limited upside next year as ASML remains supply constraint in EUV and we don’t expect a guide-up in margins. We maintain our positive 5-year outlook.”
Finally, Ferragu remains positive on Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (NYSE: TSM).
“We expect the company to beat on margins and free-cash-flow, and we see material valuation upside,” Ferragu said.
The analyst also sees a risk of a correction in Memory as demand growth is likely to slow down in 2022 vs 2021. On NAND, Ferragu sees room for tactical downside in 2022, while on Foundry and Logic he commented:
“We see risks in terms of demand for the iPhone and in PCs for next year, but we doubt these partial and (for the iPhone) short-lived adjustments will have a major impact on investment plans, or on foundry pricing power. Current capex plans & expectations suggest mid-single digits growth. Beyond 2022, capex should at best plateau and potentially pullback, as capex intensity, even if still on an upward trend, will need to normalize.”
Shares of TSM are down 1.5%, while ASML and AMAT stocks are down 5.4% and 3.7%, respectively.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Qorvo Inc (QRVO) to Neutral
- UPDATE: Citi Downgrades Consolidated Communications Holdings Inc. (CNSL) to Sell
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Western Digital Corp. (WDC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!