Netflix (NFLX) Price Target Raised to $850 at Pivotal Research
- Stocks tumble after weak U.S. confidence data; oil gains
- Earnings Estimates are 'Likely Too Optimistic', Risk Not Fully Reflected - Goldman
- Pinterest (PINS) CEO Silbermann Is Stepping Down, Shares Gain 8%
- Apple's (AAPL) Runs into 5G Modem Development Issues, Will Continue to Use Qualcomm (QCOM) - Analyst
- Bank of America Clients are Selling This Rally
Pivotal Research maintained a Buy rating on Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) and raised its price target to $850.00 (from $650.00). The main reason for the change was an increase in international subscriber forecasts.
Analyst Jeffrey Wlodarczak said, "Based on the outlook for a faster than anticipated roll-out of NFLX international markets we moved up our new market launch forecasts, added China (including a 5% penetration forecast of broadband households [or 13.5M subscribers] by 2021) and South Korea (12.5% by 2021 or 2.5M NFLX subscribers) to our forecasts for the first time, and increased our programming & marketing spend forecasts to support this extra growth."
"Overall we raised our 2021 international paying subscriber forecasts from 78M to 95M which drove our total forecast NFLX subscribers by 2021 from 138M to 160M vs. our 69M forecast by YE’2015. The international forecast implies an 11% penetration of our estimate of NFLX’s 2021 total international household opportunity ... Net net the model changes + increase in our terminal EBITDA multiple from 17X to 20X (to account for faster EBITDA growth) drove a $200 increase in our YE’15 target to $850," added the analyst.
Shares of Netflix closed at $617.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Reiterates Amazon, Booking, and Uber as Top Internet Stocks to Own
- AP Thailand Pcl. (AP:TB) PT Raised to THB13.30 at Credit Suisse
- UPDATE: B.Riley Starts Digital Turbine (APPS) at Buy, 'A Revenue Synergies Powder Keg Close to Ignition'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!