NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) PT Raised to $117.50 at Morgan Stanley on Potential for Higher Qualcomm (QCOM) Bid
- Wall St falls as bank contagion fears flare up
- Deutsche Bank shares plunge after spike in credit default swaps
- 6-week inflows to bonds? Biggest ever; 7-day inflows to cash? $142.9 billion; Policy panic now 'inevitable' - BofA's Hartnett
- Ongoing banking worries mean no respite for world stocks
- Activision (ATVI) gains 5% as UK's CMA narrows concerns scope in Microsoft (MSFT) deal
Get Alerts NXPI Hot Sheet
18 Buy, 15 Hold, 0 Sell
Rating Trend: Up
Today's Overall Ratings:
Up: 8 | Down: 10 | New: 11
Join SI Premium – FREE
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Morgan Stanley analyst Craig Hettenbach raised his price target on NXP Semiconductors NV (NASDAQ: NXPI) to $117.50 (from $110.00) while maintaining a Equalweight rating as momentum builds for a higher Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) takeover price.
"We think NXPI shareholders have the upper hand for attempting to drive a higher takeout price," Hettenbach commented. "At the same time, a higher bid would be inconsequential to Qualcomm's balance sheet and deal accretion math. As such, this could still be a win/win for all parties involved."
Hettenbach said an offer price of $120 per share would only increase net leverage by 0.35X and reduce EPS by 2-3%, both inconsequential in their view relative to the strategic thrust of the deal.
"We have a hard time believing that rather than raise the price and get a deal done with ever so slightly less accretion of ~35%, Qualcomm will walk away and risk 0% accretion and the chance to change its narrative toward a leading automotive supplier while reducing its dependence on the mature smartphone market," the analyst added.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Meta Platforms (META) could be the best name to benefit from AI applications - Barclays
- Oppenheimer Starts CalciMedica (CALC) at Outperform
- Clorox (CLX) looking to sell vitamins business - Reuteres
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!