'Mother of All IoT/AI Projects': Tesla (TSLA) Has a Head Start But Apple (AAPL) Could Achieve 2nd Mover Advantage in Autonomous Cars Says Morgan Stanley
- U.S. stocks retreat from initial Fed bump, then pare during Powell Q&A
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent, reduces assets purchases by another $30 billion/month and sees ending them in March
- 'Living up to the Legend': Microsoft (MSFT) Stock Recovers Earlier Losses as Analysts Boost Price Targets Despite Azure Growth Slowdown
- Buy Any Further Significant Pullback in Equities - Goldman Sachs
- Oil breaks $90/bbl for the first time since 2014 on Russia tensions
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Jonas estimates that total human hours (driver + passenger) spent inside autonomous cars will increase from more than 600 billion hours today to nearly 750 billion hours by 2030 and nearly 1.2 trillion hours by 2040.
“Today, it’s your car. Tomorrow, it’s an immersive VR experience delivered by a CFRP coated IMAX on wheels attached to an electronic skateboard driven by a supercomputer. Full autonomy is critical to unlocking the potential of a mobile Apple Store... AKA the Mobile Metaverse,” the analyst said in a client note.
Jonas forecast that “the majority of the value creation will occur outside of the coverage of the auto industry analyst.”
When it comes to Tesla vs Apple, Jonas says the former has a head start but Apple could have the 2nd mover advantage yet again.
By Senad Karaahmetovic | email@example.com
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) call put ratio 1.3 calls to 1 put into quarter results
- Tesla (TSLA) option IV , volume and share price increases into quarter results
- Tesla (TSLA) Erases Decline, Up 0.15%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Tesla, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!