Morgan Stanley Explains How Silvergate Capital Corp. (SI) Benefits From the Presidents Report on Stablecoins
- S&P 500 ends lower after another wild ride
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c; Revenues Beat
- Visa (V) Shares Up 3% on Strong Q1 Beat
- 'An EV Cash Machine': Tesla (TSLA) Beats on Revenue and Profit But Supply Chain Warning Sends Shares Lower, Analysts Positive and Raise Numbers
- Western Digital (WDC) Shares Dropped 10% Despite Q2 Beat
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Morgan Stanley analyst Ken Zerbe reiterated an Overweight rating and $181.00 price target on Silvergate Capital Corp. (NYSE: SI) after the President's Working Group on Financial Markets issued a report outlining recommendations to Congress on how to properly regulate the use of stablecoins as a form of payment, including a recommendation that only insured depository institutions (IDIs) be allowed to issue stablecoins and hold stablecoin reserves.
This bodes well for the company with the analyst stating "the growing stablecoin
market (now $137.7 bil in market cap versus roughly $20 bil just a year ago) could end up being a vast source of deposits for the banking industry. It could also lead to new sources of revenues for the banks if they are able to charge for the minting and burning of stablecoins, which is part of our bull case investment thesis on Silvergate. Lastly, it could encourage banks to issue their own stablecoins, which would be a captive source of deposit growth."
Shares of Silvergate Capital Corp. closed at $222.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Sea Ltd. (SE) to Buy
- B2Gold Corp. (BTO:CN) (BTG) PT Lowered to Cdn$8 at Canaccord Genuity
- dotdigital group plc (DOTN:LN) PT Lowered to GBP2.05 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!