Moderna (MRNA) Shares Soar After Deutsche Bank Upgrade to Hold on Valuation
- Wall Street ends lower as Cisco and Apple sink
- A Recession Could Push S&P 500 to 3360 - Goldman Sachs
- Palo Alto Networks Shares Surge 11% on Q3 Earnings Beat and Raise
- Twitter (TWTR) Says Musk Deal Not 'On-Hold', Won't Renegotiate Price
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/19: Palo Alto Ramps on Strong Results; Ross Stores Plunges (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shares of Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA) are up over 4% in pre-market trading after Deutsche Bank analyst Emmanuel Papadakis upgraded to Hold from Sell with a price target of $175.00 per share (down from $200.00).
The analyst notes that Moderna’s valuation more than halved since DB initiated coverage in October.
“That has been catalysed by a mixed guidance update with Q3, somewhat underwhelming flu data, and perception that omicron is likely to hasten the shift from pandemic to endemic scenario, all overlaid with a growth to value rotation that has continued to impact US biotech more broadly,” Papadakis said in a client note.
The new model reflects “significantly altered” mid/long-term forecasts at this stage.
“Whilst a YE22 c$30bn net cash position should provide something of a cushion, key for the recovery of sentiment will be a clearer path to additional durable long- term revenue streams of significance. With RSV/CMV P3 likely 2023 read outs and EBV still early, the question is then what may drive that re-appraisal in 2022. We can see several datapoints of note, though at this stage we are not clear whether these are likely to be sufficient ahead of those key 2023 datapoints,” the analyst added.
Moderna stock price closed at $152.54 yesterday.
By Senad Karaahmetovic | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Xiaomi Corp (1810:HK) (XIACF) PT Lowered to HK$18 at Citi, Macro Headwinds Could Be Buying Opportunity
- Ryanair (RYA:ID) (RYAAY) PT Raised to EUR19.20 at UBS
- Covestro AG (1COV:GR) (COVTY) PT Lowered to EUR42 at UBS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!