Microsoft (MSFT) a 'clear winner' of AI arms race given ChatGPT superiority - analyst
- Wall Street ends volatile week higher as Fed officials ease bank fears
- Deutsche Bank shares plunge after spike in credit default swaps
- 6-week inflows to bonds? Biggest ever; 7-day inflows to cash? $142.9 billion; Policy panic now 'inevitable' - BofA's Hartnett
- World stocks gyrate as bank contagion fears bite
- Activision (ATVI) gains 5% as UK's CMA narrows concerns scope in Microsoft (MSFT) deal
Get Alerts MSFT Hot Sheet
43 Buy, 10 Hold, 1 Sell
Rating Trend: Down
Today's Overall Ratings:
Up: 9 | Down: 10 | New: 12
Join SI Premium – FREE
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Macquarie analyst Sarah Hindlian-Bowler reflected on the release of ChatGPT 4.0, which was unveiled on Tuesday by Microsoft-backed OpenAI.
The latest version of the AI chatbot reportedly offers vast improvements. Microsoft also announced that its Bing search engine has been running on an early version of ChatGPT 4.0 for several weeks.
“We view GPT-4 as the current industry standard to beat and, while generative AI is in a hype cycle, it is nevertheless quite real… We think GPT-4 sets the new standard for AI that other players like Google and Baidu will need to pace,” Hindlian-Bowler said in a client note.
The analyst believes Microsoft is emerging as a “clear winner” in the AI arms race given “its improvements to Bing, the size of the search market ($187bn) and Google's current dominance of 60% of global online ad spending and up to 90-95% of market share in most developed nations.”
Shares of China-based internet search giant Baidu (NASDAQ: BIDU) opened lower today after the company finally presented its ChatGPT-like chatbot, which generated mostly subdued reactions.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK's CMA Narrows Concerns Scope In Microsoft's (MSFT) Activision (ATVI) Deal
- Regeneron (REGN) gets 2nd upgrade in two days as Jefferies moves to Buy
- Barclays upgrades Nike (NKE) on improving visibility for gross margin, China recovery
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot List
Related EntitiesSenad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!